Please consider a tax-deductible contribution to support this effort.
Donate by Check
Send your check (payable to the Shiloh Community Restoration Foundation, Inc.) to:
The Shiloh Community Restoration Foundation, Inc.
P.O. Box 714, Notasulga, AL 36866
Your support will help us complete the restoration and preserve a national treasure.
Your continued philanthropic investment will enable us to:
- Complete the remaining interior work to transform the building into a museum.
- Landscape the two acres of grounds surrounding the school including a drainage system.
- Fix the hillside erosion that threatens the long-term preservation of the school.
- Create a new parking area with handicap accessible spaces.
- Install electronics for ongoing educational.
Accomplishments made possible as a result of the generosity of so many donors:
- Installed a heating and cooling system to preserve and protect the building and its historical contents.
- Replaced the roof.
- Removed all lead paint and repainted the School’s exterior and interior.
- Restored the windows.
- Installed two bathrooms, including a handicap accessible unit.
- Installed the Security System.
- Recycled the handmade 1920s chimney brick into flooring.
- Reinforced the building’s foundation.
- Restored the school’s front room and gable.
- Completed most of the interior woodwork.
- Refurbished the blackboards.
- Restored the outdoor privies and water well.
- Initiated the first phase of the landscape plan.